Friday, November 20, 2009

VISLANG: PROGRESS

Some visual inspiration.
Visually, I like the simplicity of design these pieces have. Although they are posters, I gives me a couple of examples of how I might go about designing my annotations.








A different take on my communication model
Right now I'm trying to get the basis down, some other elements that are for sure going to be included are perception, reasoning, communication A & B, inputs, outputs, and processing.





My little books.
This is a little of what the basis is going to be as far as content. I have researched and based upon my research, I am deciding to create a persona, a little get to know I think will help.
So it begins like this.
"Meet Billy, the mumbler"
"Billy works as a gardner."
"He loves movies, and one day wants to be a critic for them."
"They are his real passion."
"Billy is a conservative guy, and usually keeps to himself."






These are my annotations on the right image. Instead of annotating every part of the conversation because it might be too repetitive, I am going to point out bits and pieces of the conversation. The communication model will be toward the end of the book after the conversation. Like a recap.



After playing around with the different folds, both up, down, and seperate, I have decided that it's better if I don't split the spread, and that it could work folding both up and down.





Analog annotations.

1 comment:

  1. some nice visual inspiration. the bold yet simple composition and hand written elements in the bottom two (with the red x) are very complimentary to your illustration style.

    the personas might not need to be quite so elaborate. remember to get to the point of the book. and to that point, you too recognize that you don't need to annotate every part b/c that would be repetitive.

    in particular, i like the sentence diagramming in sketch (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L_fV8uiUlCI/SwbohXXsNwI/AAAAAAAAA_A/Kyfhe5LalU0/s1600/CONSTRUCTION15.png). For more inspiration, check this book: "Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog: The Quirky History and Lost Art of Diagramming Sentences"

    how will you "frame" the whole set of pamphlets?

    ReplyDelete